LOCAL 416 FOUR YEAR APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
(Women and minorities are urged to apply)
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and must have the minimum of a high school education. At the time of making application, each applicant must present proof of age and proof of high school graduation, G.E.D. or DD-214 showing completion
- Applicants must appear in person to complete an application form
- Applicants must be physically able to do work normally performed in the trade
- No guarantee of employment is implied. Applicants that are accepted will be added to an existing eligibility pool only
- The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex orientation
La Palma, CA 90623 (North East corner of Fresca Dr & Walker)
Applications are available Thursdays (except holidays) between the hours of 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm, only!
Henderson, NV 89014
Applications accepted Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. ONLY!
This information contains the minimum requirements for EMPLOYMENT in the Ironworkers
Apprenticeship Training Program and Local Union 416.
To Apply You Must Have the Following:
- Valid Identification
- Original High School Diploma or GED (If it is from another country or language it must be translated in English and notarized)
- Reliable Transportation
Once you have made an application, you will be provided a list of list of signatory contractors. After you have found a contractor to sponsor you, the company will fax the letter of sponsorship to the Training Center (call the Training Center and make sure they received the letter). You will then return to the Training Center to finish the registration process.
Ironworkers Local 416 Hall Clearance:
At the conclusion of the registration process, you will be directed to immediately go to the Union Hall for clearance.
- Fill out required documentation
- Pay first month probationary member dues of $46.25 cash, money order or debit card only
*Note – You cannot work for any contractor other than your sponsor for your six-week probation. Should your sponsor not provide work, contact the Union Hall and the Apprentice Coordinator.
DO NOT GO TO WORK WITHOUT LOCAL UNION CLEARANCE
At the end of the six weeks, you will need to bring your paycheck stubs to the 416 Union Hall. All apprentices should make an effort to have close to 240 hours for the six-week period.
*Note – If you fail to initiate, you will be dropped from the Apprenticeship Program, and you will be unable to work.
|1 MONTH OF DUES:||$46.50|
|(CASH, MONEY ORDER or DEBIT CARD ONLY!)|